EXCURSION: Some Architectural Materpieces of Donwtown Cairo Find us
Date: Friday, October 16, 2009, 9:00 a.m.
Presenter: Tarek Swelim, Ph.D., Art Historian
Location: ARCE Cairo Center, 2 Midan Simon BoliÂvar in Garden City, Meet at 9:00 a.m. for walking tour
Cost: ARCE Member: LE70, Non-member: LE90
Reservations: Call Mary Sadek 2794-8239, Fax: 2795-3052, Email: email@example.comDescription: After the success of this outstanding walk last spring, ARCE is offering another opportunity this fall for those who missed out and those wanting to repeat the experience.
We will visit in order:
- The Mosque of Umar Makram & Maydan al-Tahrir
- Shariâ€™ Muhammad Mahmud
- Maydan al-Falaki
- The Ministry of al-Awqaf Building
- Shariâ€™ Qasr al-Nil & the Trieste Building
- Shariâ€™ Muhammad Farid & the Bank Misr Building
- Maydan Mustafa Basha Kamil
- Cross 26th of July Street & along Shariâ€™ Imad al-Din
- Maydan al-Tawfiqiyya
- Shariâ€™ Ramsis & Maâ€™rouf Area
- Along Shariâ€™ Champollion â€“ Palace of Prince Said Halim, if permitted.
- Ending at Maydan Talaâ€™at Harb â€“ in front of Groppi
INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF MUSEUMS
The International Council of Museums, in an effort to fight against illicit traffic in cultural goods, compiles the Emergency Red List of Egyptian Cultural Objects at Risk. This list aims to help art and heritage professionals and law enforcement officials identify Egyptian objects that are protected by national and international legislations. View the Red List for Egypt.